Sunday, July 27, 2008

6th, 7th, and 8th days of our Vacation! (the last)

On Friday we left for Bear Lake!!!!! I was the only one of my family who hadn't been there before. It is HUGE! We spent the day at the beach, we tried out our raft, swam, and built a sandcastle! I love Bear Lake! When we were in our raft we kept on floating backward instead of forward so Jensen finally just turned the boat backwards and we went forward! We swam for a long time and then Ciera, Jensen, and I built a sandcastle. When we were done with the sandcastle we went over to a place where you can scoop up handfuls of pure seashells, and we covered our sandcastle with them! We dried off and went to our hotel. On Saturday we went back to the lake and rented a boat, we went tubing and knee boarding! I'm a wimp, I screamed the whole way for them to slow down or stop! (they didn't listen to me) I still loved it anyway! Ciera and I got burns our elbows and knees. After that we drove for three hours through Idaho and part of Wyoming 'til we got to Jackson Hole! There we went to a river rafting place and we rafted down the Snake River! On the ride we saw twelve eagles, cows, a beaver within 6ft. of us, other different types of birds, and LOTS of mosquitos!!! It was really fun! After that we drove around Jackson looking for a hotel to stay in, but all of them said "No Vacancy" so we had to drive to Idaho falls! By the time we got there it was 2:00 in the morning and, all of us kids were in the back laying on top of each other asleep. We walked to our room and instantly fell asleep! In the morning we took the 3 and a half hour drive back to Layton and here we are! Well thats the end of our trip!

1 comment:

Sierra said...

Hi Josie! It sounds like you had a way fun week. You are sooo lucky to do ifly!!! My mom did that and I am jealous because it looks fun!